I found this great recipe for chia seed jam at thehonorsystem.com. This recipe shows how easy chia seeds are to use as a thickening agent.
Chia seeds are:
- high in protein
- high in fiber
- source of iron
- source of calcium & magnesium
I love that you can make any kind of jam healthier by adding chia seeds.
Soak the chia seeds in water for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, rinse your raspberries.
Pop everthing into a blender and whiz until the chunks of raspberry are smooth and that’s it! Pour it into a glass jar. I bought a set of 3 jars at the dollar store for $2.
The whole process takes less than 20 minutes and the result is something worthy of spreading on some toasted Ezekiel or on Mary’s gluten free crackers.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp honey (try local!)
- Soak chia seeds in water for 10 minutes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge